Saturday, April 08, 2006

It's a great day to be alive!

Funny, I was on my way back from the hospital visiting Tracy, Sophia and Brian when I heard this on the radio...

Feelin' pretty good and that's the truth
It's neither drink nor drug induced
No I'm just doin' alright
And it's a great day to be alive
I know the suns still shinin' when I close my eyes
There's some hard times in the neigborhood
But why can't every day be just this good?

Today just seemed like one of those days to be thankful for everything you have in your life. Kyle and George got up before Nathan and I. Thankfully Nathan slept a little longer after I nursed him about 5:30am and we got up before 8am. Mum and dad popped over this morning to pick up the vase for the flowers for Tracy and they were here when we had Nathan in the jolly jumper for the first time. Kyle was funny trying to get in the way when we were taking pictures and then showing Nathan how to jump.

It was time to get everyone ready so that Kyle could go to Kindermusik. George took him to class, but I dropped them off so that I could go pick up something pink for Sophia! I went up to Winners since Tracy told me that was where she got the blue Calvin Klein onesies for Nathan. I sure enough found then in pink as well and got another diaper shirt (mostly for Brian) that says "Hazard - Dirty Diaper". Nathan was sleeping, but woke up while I was shopping. He was good as gold as usual. I popped into Starbucks and got myself a latte and headed off to pick up the boys.

Then, we headed off to the hospital. Unfortunately, of course, we found out that we had just missed Sophia because they had taken her down to the nursery to keep an eye on her and get some antibiotics into her. We had a nice little visit with Tracy and Brian though.

We picked up lunch on the way home. We got everyone fed and then I think we all managed to sneak in a nap of some kind. By that time, it seemed like we were thinking about dinner already. I called Trace after dinner to see if she wanted me to pop up there and she said that was fine.

I stopped in at the drugstore to get her a little treat and I was on my way. I, unfortunately forgot I had taken the camera out of my purse to download pics earlier, but Tracy had her camera anyway. I was lucky enough to get to go down to the nursery with Tracy and see Sophia while I was there. We had to totally scrub up before we went in. She was so cute all bundled up in there though one of the first things you see is the IV in her hand. It looks so big compared to her. She was sleeping away when we got there, but I got to hold her anyway. Didn't hear a peep, but what a little doll! So precious... So much to be thankful for...

I said my goodbyes because Trace and Brian were getting a little more company at the hospital. On my way home, I dropped of Kyle's movie at the video store and it was after that when I heard that Travis Tritt song on the radio and I was just thinking about how lucky we all are. So much family and so much love.

Came home and cuddled Nathan when he woke up and spent a few extra minutes with Kyle tonight at bedtime reading and singing. It's a great day to be alive...

Colleen

No comments: