Tuesday, October 06, 2009

In Celebration...



We're deeply saddened by the loss of George's grandpa (Opi) at 101 years of age today.  We're thankful that he's no longer in pain though and what we can do is celebrate the lovely man that he was and how many lives he touched... 



One of the hardest parts was having to explain to Kyle tonight since he had developed a fairly close relationship to him while George's mum and dad took care of Kyle while I was working (before having Nathan).  There were lots of tears and cuddles...







It's already comforting to be able to look back at some of the layouts I've done with Opi in them and knowing that we'll have these (and some more I need to do) so we're able to talk to the boys about him as they grow up...  It's days like this that I'm reminded why I'm so thankful to be a scrapbooker and saving our family memories.

You're loved and will be greatly missed...
Colleen, George, Kyle and Nathan

4 comments:

Nikki Love said...

I am so sorry for your loss. That is one of the main reasons I scrap.... to have those memories on paper after all my loved ones are gone and I can look back on them and remember all the great times we shared.

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Joëlle said...

My condolences, Colleen, to George, you, and the boys.

You are all in my thoughts and prayers as you celebrate and remember George's Opi.

Suzanne said...

I'm sorry for your loss. All those memories you've preserved are a blessing!

Catherine said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. But I'm very glad that you are a scrapbooker too and have these wonderful pages to look back on any time you need to. (((HUGS)))