Wednesday, December 02, 2009

What a day yesterday!

Well, my day started with being tired after only getting a little more than 4 hours sleep, so I pretty much knew that thr day would become challenging at some point simply because I was tired.

The day itself wasn't really too bad.  The kids were up to their usual and we had a few fights and some spilled milk, etc, but all in all pretty much OK until about 2:35 when I was trying to get Nathan and Sophia to get their shoes and jackets on to go get Kyle.  They tried to tell me they were staying home!  NOT!  I told them I might have to send a letter to Santa explaining that they weren't listening and being good so that maybe he should reconsider bringing them presents, but even that didn't seem to work.  I finally had to get out my stern "don't mess with me" voice and that worked!

We came home and had the excitement of opening our advent calendars (from Nana and Grandpa) for the first day!  The boys were both very excited though I had to explain to Nathan that you only get to open one door a day until Christmas because he was asking for 2 pieces of chocolate.  I put them up on top of the microwave where I thought Nathan couldn't reach, but after dinner, George asked me why all the doors were open on Nathan's.  I told him they weren't because he'd only had one, but...


Apparently, it was still where he could reach it!  I was soooo not happy and even threatened to throw the rest of it away, but he has 8 more to open and he'll have to realize that he just won't get anything on all those other days when Kyle does!  I just don't even know how or when he managed to do it!  It's funny now though! 



I did manage to get a picture of Kyle with his calendar before he went to bed last night too!  He's quite excited about Christmas and can't make up his mind what to ask Santa for this year - he has a list! 



The other thing I did was run out with Nathan to get a little Secret Santa type package in the mail and when I was out, I decided to stop at Dairy Queen.  I had gotten an e-mail earlier in the day about the new Candy Cane Chill Blizzard and I'm a sucker now for anything candy cane flavoured it seems.  Never really used to like it until the last couple of years.  OMG!  It was soooo good!  Their ice cream with candy cane pieces and chocolate bits!  Yummo!  Think I'll have to stay away from there!

That about sums up the day!  This morning started off much better largely because I got a lot more sleep last night.  Matthew wasn't a happy camper this morning though and wailed while we walked home from Kyle's school and then while sitting in the van waiting for me to defrost the van.  Then, all the way up to preschool, he cried!  I know he was just tired - poor little munchkin!  He's napping and I'm relaxing while Nathan and Sophia are at school for a little longer!

Need to try and get myself a blouse tonight for George's work Christmas party this weekend.  Really looking forward to it as we've booked a night at the hotel the party is at and Grandma and Opa are going to watch the boys!  Should be fun for all of us!

I'm also hoping this is going to be the journaling/pictures for a December daily album if I can get my butt in gear!

Better run for now!  Hope everyone's having a good day!  I'm enjoying the lovely sunny, but cold, day!

Cheers,

No comments: