Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Happy October!

OK, so a little late, but better than never?!  I really don't know (*once again) where last month went.  We just seem to be so busy these days what with school, preschool, Matthew and Sophia being here 5 days a week, karate, Beavers starting, etc, etc that I can't keep track.  One day just seems to blend into the next...

So this past week has been one of those where everyone seems on the verge of a cold, but I'm good so far.  I made sure I got lots of sleep last night.  Slept through my alarm and was woken up by Kyle this morning at 7:30 after sleeping 10 hours last night!  Mum arrived shortly after with Matthew and Sophia and the craziness was on.  Nathan slept until about 7:45 too, so it was a little rushed this morning, but we all got where we needed to be on time and now I'm relaxing with a Starbucks iced coffee and Matthew is playing.  Quiet...


It was nice having mum here yesterday.  She was in helping Trace since Brian was out of town last night and then she helped me since I needed to take Kyle to the orthodontist - yes, already!  He has some issues that the dentist recommended be looked at by someone else, so that's what we did.  I basically walked out having spent about $1000 and he's only 7 and that wasn't any braces!  He needs a full orthondontic workup and then he'll probably need about 6 teeth pulled and a special thing put on one of his back teeth to help it come in straight rather than into one of his other molars.  He's missing 2 adult teeth (hereditary and I'm missing one), but that will be dealt with later.  Fun times!


Kyle and Nathan also asked if I'd take "special" pictures of them, so here they are...

Nice eh?!

Cool kid!

I have a very full class to teach tonight - 18 people!  Well, there are 4 people that aren't actually going to be there because they asked for kits, but it still means 14, so it should be fun.  This is the second time I've taugh this class and all was good last time, so we'll have to hope for the same!  It's a fun Christmas card class called Snow Much Fun.

It's going to be a busy weekend too!  Work Friday night, dinner at mum and dad's Sat night, going to see The Wiggles (again!) on Sunday and then we're hosting George's family for dinner here on Monday!  A crazy fun-filled family weekend!  And we can only hope the weather is as gorgeous as it is today.  Beautiful...

We're also thinking about Opi today...  Hard to believe it's been a year since we lost him. 

Well, a million things to do and not enough hours in a day as usual, so I'd better get moving.  Have a fabulous week!
Cheers,

3 comments:

Sarah Coggins said...

Looks like the kids were having a great time with their grandmother! I forgot until I saw your mention of dinner on Monday that it's Thanksgiving up north. Hope you all have a wonderful holiday! :)

Jackie Plank said...

Fabulous photos!! I mean really fabulous, such clarity and richness.
Sounds like a very busy weekend.

Alexis said...

Love seeing pics of kids being kids. Too cute! Hope you don't catch this nasty cold. It's turned into tonsillitis for me and it's not fun! So drink lots of oj and get lots of sleep.