Saturday, November 12, 2011

Journal My Christmas 2011


OK, so Shimelle is doing her Journal Your Christmas class again this year and though I sort of pretended to do it last year, it didn't really happen.   I'm hoping to get a chance to spend a little more time on it this year and a little less on things I don't want to be doing.  Wanting to do some special things again with the boys and slow down a little...  best of intentions anyway!


She has a little challenge posted to start thinking about the album and some pages, so I pulled out my stuff.  I have an 8X8 album that came out a couple of years ago from Making Memories.  It has some predone pages in it and then I added some last year, but never used them.  Tried some pages like the ones Ali Edwards did last year with the spray adhesive on the lace papers and then putting them on the acrylic!  Fun!  Now I just need to actually use them!  I added a few other papers I liked as well as got some cardstock pages ready. 


I wasn't going to punch them for my book because I'm going to use a combination of pages in and out of page protectors.  What I realized is that if I punch them first, they're ready to be used like that and if I want them in a protector, I need to trim off the extra on the left side anyway!  Done!  There are a few patterned papers for pages as well, but I tend to do more cardstock bases.  There are some acrylic pages and things as well, so it'll have a combination of goodies in it for sure!  Can't wait.  I'll be playing with a combination of Shimelle's book and Ali Edwards' December Daily!  Should be fun!

Well, I know I need to update a whole lot of things, but I'm going to wrap it up here for now and try and get posting more often here again too!

Cheers,

1 comment:

Alison said...

Well done for being so organised...am hoping to get a bit done to mine this coming week!
Alison xx