Saturday, March 11, 2006

Like mother, like daughter

What is something that you do, or say, that when you are done you realize that you are just like your mother?

This is such a funny question because as a kid there was something mum used to do that I swore I would never do - WRONG! When my mum starts cleaning (to this day), she gets a bit crazy and goes on a rampage cleaning everything in sight. It's quite funny actually because I remember dad asking mum for things after she had cleaned up and she'd have no idea where they were because she had sort of been "glazed over" in cleaning mode when she had put whatever is was away. We called her the "whirling dervish".

I was so sure I would NEVER do this. When I was a kid it drove me crazy (and probably made me feel slightly guilty for not doing my part around the house). The funny thing is that I most definitely have turned into her! I even remember how she would like to do the cleaning either without anyone there or she would get frustrated if we were - particularly if we weren't doing much to help. I can SO understand now and have even gotten to the point where I have occasionally asked George to either help or take Kyle out somewhere! We sometimes also now have the same thing in our house now where George will ask where something went and I'm not sure after my cleaning spree!

On this one I can now say - Like mother, like daughter! Who would have ever guessed?!

No comments: