Sunday, June 10, 2007

So much to catch up on...

I'm afraid this is going to be a quick one and I'll have to come back and update when I have more time. Kyle, George and my dad had a great time on Friday doing the "Day Out With Thomas" thing and I have pictures I'll post later too. Yesterday was a full one for me with a trip to the dentist (YUCK!) and a looooong lunch with some old friends from high school! Will fill in the details later!

Today, I'm off to work at the scrapbooking store for a bit and the it'll be home for a relaxing evening I think. I did a bit of scrapping Friday night too and came up with this for the Unpubbed Challenge.



The journaling was done a while ago as part of a blog entry actually and it reads:
What is it about that first cup of coffee in the morning?? I just love it! There's the wonderful smell of the coffee after you grind the beans and then there's the sound of it running through the coffee maker. Of course, we have an older coffee maker, so it's a bit noisier than most I imagine. It's all part of my morning coffee experience though! Then, you pour that hot, dark liquid into the cup just anticipating the taste. I only use one of 2 cups for my coffee - the one in the picture and another floral one that's even bigger. The size and weight of the cup is important! I also need to make sure it's a substantial cup as I don't want to be running back and forth for more right away.

I add my French Vanilla creamer to the coffee and stir gently. The anticipation as I bring the cup up to my mouth and get another smell of that wonderful brown liquid. And then there's that first steaming hot sip that seems to permeate every part of you and really means the day has started (whether or not I've already had a shower - which I usually have by the time I get my first cup!). Yes, I really do love my morning cup of coffee and can't imagine going without it!

Well, guess I'd better run this morning and go get ready for work! Have a wonderful Sunday everyone!

Cheers,
Colleen



2 comments:

Cindy aka HappyStamper aka Sealion said...

I love this page and can totaly relate to the subject! LOL
btw- You have been tagged! (check my blog for details http://who-gives-a.blogspot.com/ )

Noelia said...

Love your page, eventhough I'm not a coffee drinker, I do love my tea :)
Can't wait to see those Thomas pictures! How fun!