Friday, June 06, 2008

Our Little Graduate!





What a fun afternoon!! OK, so I can't say it went quite as planned, but we had fun anyway. I was sort of rushed getting ready and a little stressed out because the dryer wasn't working and the pants I was going to wear and Nathan's outfit were wet! Then, Nathan only slept about an hour, so I was worried about him being cranky. Sophia didn't sleep too long either, which meant I was trying to get ready with 3 kids awake too!

George got home not too long before the ceremony, so he went and quickly got changed. Brian picked up Sophia early (*thanks again!) and we got ourselves organized and off we went. Kyle has an outfit that Nana bought him that he loves and there's a shirt and matching sweater. Well, Sue (his teacher) has warned us not to dress them too warmly, but he did NOT want to take off the sweater and I was afraid of upsetting him before we even got in there. It sounds like the same thing happened when Sue suggested he take it off, so he wore it in.

I was very pleased when all the kids filed in and they were smiling and wearing their caps and gowns - just sooo cute! We got very lucky and had a seat almost directly in front of where Kyle was sitting. I was excited to see that when the singing started at the beginning, he was singing away and doing the actions and everything because lately that's not been his thing. He was in a great mood!

They started to call the kid's names to come and get their scroll and stand with the teachers for a picture. Sue called his name 3rd or 4th, but when she did, he started crying! I felt so badly and didn't really know what was wrong. We got him to come and sit with us and they moved on. I stripped off the gown and his sweater because he was really hot and then he said he was "sick" which for him now means his nose is bothering him. He sat with me for a few minutes while they finished and by the time they mentioned snacks across the hall, he was all good again!! I'm wondering if it was a bad combination of hot, tired and being a little overwhelmed maybe...

Anyway, we went across the hall and got some snacks and they showed a slide show thing (though on computer of course!) of the kids throughout the year. It was great to see all the pictures and, of course, one of the ones of Kyle was him doing a funny face and posing - BIG surprise!! A very enjoyable afternoon.

We have a teacher meeting next Thursday and then that's it for preschool... onto Kindergarten in the fall. Incredibly hard to believe!

Well, better be off to bed here! I work again tomorrow...
Cheers,

4 comments:

Pat said...

Colleen he looks so cute in his cap & gown!! Glad he was ok after.

teresamatz said...

congrats to the little grad, and the pics are adorable!

rajah1116 said...

Oh NO! How cute is he! I could SCREAM!

Jayme Downs said...

Oh my goodness, totally cute Colleen!! He made me hot just thinking about wearing a sweater. ;)