Sunday, October 15, 2006

{A Day at the Pumpkin Patch}


OK, now this feels like it's really fall - our trip to the pumpkin patch. So, as I mentioned in an earlier post, we tried to go on Tuesday and ran into problems with them suddenly deciding not to open. I still haven't heard anything after calling twice and I'm going to e-mail them, but we knew we'd be going because Kyle was really disappointed when it wasn't open.

We decided to head out this morning and be there when it opened to try and avoid some of the crowd. We were actually pretty surprised that it wasn't that bad, especially because they're calling for rain off and on this week. I wanted to go before the rain started because it was so mucky last year after it had rained for a few days.




After getting there, we decided we'd do the wagon trip out to the patch first and pick our pumpkins. Kyle loves the wagon ride and there are musicians that sing and play on all of them. We took the sling for Nathan so that I could walk around with him "attached" to me and he did pretty well. We took him out for some cute pictures too. Kyle had fun picking his pumpkin and he got one that's not too big. I picked a medium sized one and George had to have a bigger one of course! The only thing for him was that he has to carry all of them back, but at least they give you bags for them. With me carrying Nathan and holding Kyle's hand, I couldn't carry any!

We did the wagon trip back to the main area and decided to hang out there for a while. Kyle wanted to sit and listen to the band that was playing for a while. He also wanted to hug characters that they have: one dressed as a big pumpkin and the other as a big cob of corn.


We also went over to the play area with all the hay and I had my first heart pounding moment with Kyle. George was putting Nathan down in the hay for me to take a picture and I was watching Kyle. In the time it took me to look down at Nathan and take the picture, Kyle had turned around and headed behind us to where the music was. There were so many kids and when I looked up, I didn't see him. Panic set in quite quickly as George and I spent 30 or 45 second looking for him before I hear this "Mummy!" from behind me. Oh thank god! It wasn't very long, but it was long enough to get my heart rate up and felt like much longer! Needless to say, this is not like Kyle at all and we had another talk about this!!

There wasn't too much else for us to see, so we decided that we'd get some mini doughnuts on the way out and head for the car. As I was standing in line, Kyle decided he wanted to go say goodbye to one of the characters and by the time they came back, Kyle wanted to stay and listen to more music. We sat down with our snack and watched Kyle do a little dancing before heading home. Even without the rain we were all pretty dirty!

It was a really great day despite my little heart attack! It's just so much fun watching Kyle have fun!

Cheers,
Colleen

No comments: