Sunday, July 01, 2007

Happy Canada Day!!



Just wanted to wish everyone a very Happy Canada Day. I know we all love being Canadian, but I really didn't realize what it meant to be Canadian until I lived overseas. I suddenly realized that this really was my home and that I could never live anywhere else in the world permanently - no matter how beautiful or wonderful.

Here on the west coast, we are lucky enough to have the mountains and the ocean at our doorstep and so many wonderful activities that go along with that. We live in a place that celebrates multiculturalism as well as individualism and community. I like the fact that we as a country try and take care of each other through our government programs. I think we're a country that strives to improve ourselves and do good and that makes me proud.

I could be here all day listing all the wonderful things about the country we live in, but the simple reality is that I'm a very proud Canadian that loves living here on the west coast! We're off to participate in some of the local celebrations, so have a fabulous day!
HAPPY CANADA DAY!

Cheers,
Colleen

No comments: