Sunday, August 02, 2009

Surprise Treat!

OK, so the first time I had a Screamer was last summer when George heard of this place in Richmond called Danny's Market. We went in to try this tasty treat and loved it! It's Slurpee on the bottom and vanilla soft serve ice cream on the top. Sounds a little strange, but tastes great!

I worked today and came home to a great dinner that George made! That was nice in and of itself, but then he said he was taking us out for a treat, but that it was a surprise. Well, what he found was a place much closer to us that has Screamers! Mmmmm... So good on a hot day like today! I had lime Slurpee and the vanilla soft serve and it was definitely a treat! The boys thought it was pretty cool too!

Well, we both have the day off tomorrow, so not sure what we'll get up to, but let's hope the boys sleep in a little! Enjoy your holiday Monday if you have it off!

Cheers,

6 comments:

Jscraps4u said...

That does sound yummy!!! I hope you had a great day off today!

Sabrina MacD said...

I work down the road from Dannys in Richmond, I'm surprised I don't go every day and get a screamer but I only just had my first one of the summer last week. They are so yummy though I must agree.

Joƫlle said...

That does sound - and look - yummy, Colleen! Combines two of my favourite things, that's for sure. Almost makes me sad my parents don't live in Richmond anymore... ;)

ellen s. said...

oh man i loove slurpees! that looks awesome

thekreativelife said...

Yummy! I've never even heard of a Screamer, let alone have one, but they sound delicious!

I'm just stopping in from May's BPS class to say hi!

Can't wait to see some more of your work in the gallery! ;)

Susanne said...

Hi, I'm dropping by also from the BPS class. Enjoyed looking at your blog - you have done some very lovely cards. Hope to see some more of your work in the class gallery.