Thursday, February 23, 2006

Blog Journaling Challenge


On the scrapbooking website I'm always on (2Peas in a Bucket), "burberrygirl" has been posting challenges and I always read then and haven't done any, so this is my first!

1. How did you get into scrapbooking?
I feel like I have pretty much always scrapped in some way, shape or form. I guess I really got into it in a more serious way about 10 years ago when I went to a friend's CM party because she was starting to sell it. I didn't get hugely into it then because I was a university student and couldn't afford it, but once university was over, there was no stopping me!

2. How do you define your style?
I would say my style is fairly simple and quite linear. I like clean lines. I love patterned paper, but it has taken me a long time to feel comfortable using it! I think I'm a balance of a simpler style as well as a little more "current" just because I like trying new things - even if I only do them once. I would say the new things can't be that time consuming though either!

3. Do you like scrapbooking with other people?
I do like scrapping with other people! I started going to CM crops that my friend was hosting. I was able to talk my mum into scrapping with me and she started to come as well! We have also been to two retreats and had a great time and got a lot done.

Aftermy first son was born and I was able to get out of the house for an extended period (when he started taking a bottle), a friend and I also went to a crop at my lss about once a month and that was about the only way I got anything done on his baby book!

4. Do you have friends that scrapbook with you?
I guess I already answered this in the previous question: my mum and one friend! I'm hoping that with my sister going on maternity leave in another couple of weeks that we'll be able to scrapbook together too!

5. Do you ever scrapbook about yourself?
Yes, I'm trying. I have an AMM album that I started a long time ago, but it only has a few pages. I also have a mini book that is about half done and it was based on an idea in the Feb CK of 2005! I think this is important for my kids though!

6. Do you scraplift? If yes/no, why?
I most certainly do! I don't have time to sit for too long and ponder the universe, so I use lots of different things for inpsiration! I also have a lot of pictures to scrap, so I want to get them in albums rather than try and think of something "new" to create!

7. Do you stamp in your scrapbook pages?
I do stamp a bit because I have some of the Making Memories foam stamps for titles and things in my books. I just did a page for a lo as well that used a "Happy Birthday" stamp that I had. This idea was a scraplift from the DW 2006 calendar! (see layout at the top!)

Colleen

3 comments:

Becky said...

Cute LO and great answers!!

Michelle W. said...

hi Colleen, thanks for playing and joining us over in the bloggin' thread. Cool that you could scrap with people, I could never get anything done when I'm with people.

Michelle

Anonymous said...

Colleen.....it's fun scrapping with others isn't it! Mind you...I usually do more chatting than scrapping. I guess I am more productive when I scrap by myself.

Love your blog site!

Lyn