Sunday, September 09, 2007

Playing Catch-Up

Where to start, well, more than a week ago now, I had a wonderful day out with my friend Laurel and her little guy Alexander. We went over to Maplewood Farm since neither if us had been there.






It used to be a working farm and they've turned it into a place for kids to see and, in some cases, interact with animals. There are horses, ducks, rabbits, goats, cows, pigs, etc. We even saw a goat milking demonstration and they try and teach the kids a little about the goats and the farm while they're doing that. We also bought some bird food and fed all the ducks and chickens that were wandering around everywhere. A lovely afternoon!

We also went over to the quay on the holiday for a walk and a little "get out of the house" time.




As you can see, the slide was the hit - even for George! hee hee I don't think he believed me when I told him I was going to post this picture on my blog, but here it is!

We also stopped a coffee and a little treat at my favourite little place at the quay called Farm Cottage Bakery. They do the most amazing stuff! Their pies and cakes are to die for, but we all have our little favourites. George always gets a pecan sticky bun and Kyle gets a Monster Cookie (big one with Smarties in it). I always have a Scottish Oat scone though my favourite is an apple turnover thing, but it's not so good with Weight Watchers! We also got some really nice scones so Nathan could have some of that, but he ended up liking mine more anyway!

Kyle is very excited about school. We had a teacher interview on Wednesday, so we all walked up there. Nathan wasn't really copperating as he wanted to keep "tapping" Sophia on the top of the head and I had to push the stroller with one hand and hold his with the other. The "interview" went well and was only about 15 minutes - just enough to give me some info and for the 2 teachers to interact with Kyle a little.

I also had a preschool meeting that evening for all the news parents to the preschool to give us some general information. Nice meeting some more of the local families with kids about the same age as mine too.

Nathan is talking up a storm these days and seems to have a new word every day. He'll try and say just about anything you say now. This morning he said "Kyle" for the first time in a way you could really understand too so that was exciting! Of course, poor dad is "Bampa" now too since Sophia and Nathan are both calling him that!

Well, guess that's about it for now anyway as I need to go and get ready for work as much as I may not feel like it right now! I had yesterday off, but I did do a little volunteer work for the preschool yesterday (which is part of our duties as members of a parent participation preschool). It was fun though as George and the kids walked up and looked around at the little community event that was going on. Kyle was all excited about the bouncey castle!

Better run! Have a great day all!

Cheers,
Colleen

3 comments:

toners said...

Hi Colleen, the photos are great! Glad to hear you've had a fun-filled week :) Enjoy your Sunday!

Monica Loewen said...

Hey Colleen - looks like you had a great time. Hope you have a good week!

Theresa said...

LOVE the photo of George! Tell him he made me chuckle.