Saturday, March 17, 2007

Wiggle It!






What a great day! This was so much fun and very needed after us being sick again here in the last week. Mum and dad very generously got tickets for mum, Kyle and I to see The Wiggles. Now, for those of you that don't have little ones right now, they are an Australian "pop group" for kids! They've been around for about 15 years actually now I think they said today, but certainly didn't know who they were 3 years ago. Now, I think I've seen every video, heard every song and have now been to a concert as well!


Needless to say, Kyle has been in love with The Wiggles for quite a while now. They were here almost 2 years ago when he was just getting into them and it didn't seem quite worth it to take him then, but we knew he's sure be interested this time. We told him at the beginning of the month and every day since, pretty much the first thing he'd do in the morning is go and count the days on the calendar the way I'd shown him when we first told him!


Mum came over this morning from Tracy and Brian's and visited with Nathan for about a half hour or so and then we were off to take Kyle to his music class before we went to the concert. Mum and I did a few errands while he was in class and then we went through drive-thru for lunch at McDonald's after we picked him up.


We were lucky enough to park in the lot right under the Queen Elizabeth Theatre where the show was, so we didn't even have to get went on this very rainy day! We did quite well for time, so we had about 15-20 minutes to get in, find a washroom and then our seats. Of course, as soon as we sat down and Kyle saw all the other kids with their Wiggles "stuff" that they sell at the concert, he asked for something.


I knew he wanted the lightstick with the characters on the top and mum generously gave me the money to go and get him one. I was going to take him, but decided I'd better not since it was almost time for the show to start and I had to go back downstairs. It was a good thing I didn't take him because it was so disorganized that it took me a little while to get it. There were supposed to be lines, but sometimes it appeared there were and other times the people behind the counter were helping whoever. After calming myself and waiting long enough to get it, I quickly went back up to find that it hadn't even actually started yet. Kyle was in love with the lightstick, so it was worth the trip and a bit of frustration.


Now the last time mum and I took him to the Doodlebops (same kind of thing) in the same theatre about a year ago, he was completely enthralled the whole time and sat staring in amazement at everything. I thought maybe this time he'd want to dance a little more, but nope! Same thing! From the time it started I think, he sat with his mouth open and barely blinked. If you talked to him, you knew he was enjoying it, but it's like he was just trying to take every last bit of it in.


The show was about an hour and a half and then they said their goodbyes. As they were waving goodbye, Kyle actually got a little upset that it was over and started crying a bit. It was so sweet. He waved away at them until the very last second when they walked off the stage! He thank Nana numerous times afterwards. There's no doubt he had a fabulous time and that it was well worth it!

Cheers,
Colleen

No comments: