Saturday, May 03, 2008

Colour Challenge and a new Scrap Diva!

Supplies: Cardstock is Bazzill. Patterned paper is We R Memory Keepers. Rub-ons for the title and the date are Creative Cafe (Creative Imaginations). Stickers for the date are Doodlebug. Foam lettering for the title is American Crafts Thickers. Brads are Making Memories. Photo Anchors are (very old) Scenic Route.

What a fun layout this was to do and it was for the challenge blog Get Your Scrap On! I've very happy to say that I'm now on their design team as a Scrap Diva and you'll be seeing my work once a week on the blog! This was the first challenge for the new team and it was a colour challemge that you can check out on the blog! Come check it out and play along. There's a prize to be drawn for this challenge that'll be announced later in the week.

I did use a sketch as inspiration for this challenge too and it was one of Becky Fleck's Page Maps for May. These are amazing sketches that always seem to come together so easily for me!

Hope everyone had a wonderful National Scrapbooking Day! We had a wonderful day around here than involved me sleeping in to start with! George went out for a hair cut and I hug out with the boys and made lunch. Nathan had a nap and after that, we all headed out for me to get my driver's license renewed! We made a quick stop at Michael's for George to get some craft paint and then he stopped (as a surprise) and got me to pick out a new pair of shoes as an early birthday present! Sweet guy!

Came home and watched some of the NASCAR race and Ryan was 6th, so not too bad. I also finished off my layout and it's about time to call it a night since I work again tomorrow!

Enjoy your Sunday everyone and come check out the challenge!

Cheers,

4 comments:

Lida said...

Congratulations!! I really love their challenges, I´m off to start mine now!

Sandra Collins said...

this layout is awesome!! Congrats on the design team - I'm off to check out the challenge.

Sarah Coggins said...

Hurray! Congrats on being a Diva! :) Love that layout - such fun w/ the bright colors. tfs!

JulesinParadise said...

Congrats on you DT!