Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Card Making Tuesday

OK, well my day started early this morning since I decided to get up when George left so I could have a quiet coffee and some time to myself! And it was well worth it since I haven't done that in a little while. The boys got up between 7 and 7:30 sometime with Kyle actually sleeping later!!

About 8:30am the doorbell rang and I assumed it was Sophia, but when I checked, it was actually the mail carrier and I was totally excited to see that my Scrapperie Summer Camp kit had already arrived! I wasn't expecting it until at least the end of the week, so I was sure happy! Sandi packed her kit crazy full as usual and it's hard to know where to start with it!

This (plus the jelly beans not pictured!!) was what I opened this morning!
I had watched Kristina Werner's Make a Card Monday video this morning and totally thought of that when I opened the box and thought even if I don't have time for a layout during naptime, I do have time for a card, so this one was totally inspired by hers!
Supplies: Background stamp is Cornish Heritage Farms. Ink was VersaMark with white embossing powder. Patterned paper is Cosmo Cricket. Yellow is Bo Bunny polka dot cardstock (though I used the solid reverse side). Blue fringe is a Doodlebug Frill strip. Flower is Prima. Cardstock button in the flower center is Prima. The letter "g" is also Prima chipbooard. The "thanks" stamp is 3 Bugs in a Rug.

I also had someone else crafting with me this afternoon! Kyle decided he wanted to get out his stuff as well as some of mine, of course, and make a card for Daddy! We set up a little table beside mine and we had lots of fun. We even used the "salt" (aka embossing powder) on his stamped stars. This was a first for him and he was quite excited!

Of course, when he saw me taking a picture of my card, he wanted me to take a picture of his as well, so here it is! We had to take a picture of the inside as well since he did such a great job!



Well, I'm guessing the little ones will be up soon, so I'd better wrap this up for now. Will do a Kyle update soon too, but needless to say, he's finally feeling much better after his tonsilectomy/adenoidectomy!

Cheers,

9 comments:

Kim said...

what a kit!
love your card too, and Kyle's!
So cool that you had some "me" time and some crafty time with your little big man! How is he feeling?

Jackie Plank said...

Love your card, nice kit. Kyle is doing almost better than me :)

GinniG said...

What an adorable card he made his daddy! :) ROFL at the "salt"! How cute! Glad to hear he's doing better. LOVED your card too!

Rosanne said...

I love your card and your son's is adorable too!

Anonymous said...

Love Kyle's card! Oh, and yours is pretty good too, lol.

Heather said...

Aww that is so cute!!!

I love that card too, G thanks.... adorable!! TFS!

Gina said...

Love his card and yours ROCKS!!!

Lynn said...

Wholly Cow! that is some kit! Just love your card and Kyle's card is just adorable! I'm sure Daddy will love it.

Lily said...

ok, I love that trick...the boy has skillz....oh and your card is gorgeous. that kit rocks.