Thursday, December 14, 2006

Who is this guy anyway?

OK, I finally managed to go and get the Santa pictures picked up and here it is. Not great, but he's got one! Kyle keeps talking about wanting to go again, but I think the same thing will happen and we'll get there and he'll change his mind. I did tell him we'd go and I'm willing to try!

Well, let's see what's been going on! We've been busy! I think I posted about applying for a job at a scrapbooking store and I got the job! I started the night before last and worked 4 hours and then 4 more again last night. It wasn't that busy, but I like helping customers and the people I work with seem great. I work again tomorrow night and then again both Saturday and Sunday. They like you to work some days together when you start and they're training you so that you don't forget everything you're learning between shifts. Not sure how many hours it'll be a week after that, but we'll wait and see. It's a nice change to be out working a bit again though I do miss putting the boys to bed.

Unfortunately, we had 2 Christmas parties for the kids to go to that I now can't go to either. George is still taking them to the kids one that his union does on Saturday. And because he's taking the car, I have to take the truck which is a standard and I haven't driven one of those since I sold my car about 4 years ago! I think since then, I've driven George's truck once or twice. I'm a little nervous - can you tell?! The party on Sunday was for my mum's group, so we're not going to that at all now. It's too bad, but can't do anything about it.

Speaking of George's truck, we has some "issues" with it this week. Something on it was acting up (George told me, but I'll be honest in saying it went in one ear and out the other) and George thought he could fix it. Well, he was having some trouble so he called Brian (my sister Tracy's husband) because he's done a lot of work on his truck. Brian came over and they worked on it, but decided they needed another tool. Brian came over the next night with the tool, but they still couldn't get it after all that, so George took it in and paid over $200 to get it fixed. The guys at the garage told George there was another small part that should be replaced too, but George said he would do it himself. Wrong answer! He started work on it and the bolts fell inside where they, of course, can't stay and he didn't have the tool to get them out. Call Brian again and he came over and was here for almost 3 hours again another night helping to fix that!! Poor Tracy, I think we've seen more of Brian this week than she and Sophia have! Anyway, it's done and everything is fine again.

Well, I know there are so many other things I could write about, but I need some sleep! Might be a long night since I think Nathan now has Sophia's cold!


1 comment:

Joelle said...

Congratulations on the job, Colleen|