Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Crazy Mixed Up Day!

Wow...felt like I was on a bit of a rollercoaster today - the good and the bad all mixed up. Nathan started it of by waking up just before 3:30am and deciding he wanted to be awake for over an hour. Finally got back to sleep for what seemed like 5 minutes when Kyle came trundling into our room at 6:15. He laid in bed with me for a few minutes while I woke up and then it was out of there.

We did our usual morning thing and got breakfast, etc. I assumed Nathan would sleep a little later, but of course, he didn't. He was in a good mood when he woke up though and we had a good play and put on some music and danced in the kitchen. It was a fun morning. Got Nathan dressed and some laundry sorted. I also got the dishwasher loaded and the kitchen pretty much clean, so things were going well.

Nathan went back down for his nap, so Kyle and I played Chutes and Ladders. He loves "spinning the wheel" when we play and sometimes even gets me to move his player, so that's all he's doing! I managed to get a shower and get ready as well as get Kyle dressed.

Nathan woke up and we were headed off to see Auntie Tracy and Sophia. I had to change Nathan before we left and I had no sooner done that than he "did his business" and I had to start over. Well, apparently he had more business to do even after I had changed the second diaper!! This was the start of the downhill...

Stopped at Tim's for coffee for Trace and I and went on our merry way. As I was getting closer to Tracy's, there was more and more snow and I started thinking that maybe this wasn't such a good idea. Well, I decided that too late as I got stuck in her cul-de-sac. Got the kids and coffees out with Tracy's help and went to her place. She moved the car around, but couldn't get it out, so two of her neighbours thankfully came out and pushed until I got out!! YEAH!

By then, I was pretty much out of gas even though Trace and I were heading to Costco. Stopped for gas only to find out the pay at the pump wasn't working - not good with 2 kids! Thankfully Tracy was right there, so I just ran in. We finally made it to Costco and Nathan was ready for his nap, but cooperated. We had a nice little shop and I got a few things we wanted/needed. It was busy, but it was a fun thing to do with Trace too.

I got home, got Nathan in bed late and made Kyle lunch. He wasn't keen on going to bed, but after talking him into it, he was out pretty quickly. I managed a snack and then had a phone call to make to work. As a result of some changes at work (to keep a long story short), it doesn't appear that there's going to be work for me when I'm done my mat leave, but they're not sure, so I called today to see. She said she didn't know and wouldn't for maybe a few more weeks (like right before I would need to go back) and pretty much told me to take other work if I can get it. Of course, another downer!

Had a little break while the boys napped and then Nathan was back up, so the boys didn't nap at the same time really today. I was busy changing Nathan when I got a phone call about an interview for a job I applied for yesterday at the scrapbooking store - a fun, social thing for me! She wants me to come in Thursday for an interview - up again!

What a day! George ended up getting home late, so I fed Nathan before he got home and was just getting Kyle his dinner and cooking ours when he got home. We went for a little drive to look at Christmas lights after dinner - a favourite of Kyle's and something he'd do every night! Came home and got some Christmas cards done and though I have a few more, they'll be out this week! Kyle watched "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" before he crashed for the night. Got sheets out of the dryer and made the bed, so at least I'll have the feel of clean sheets I like tonight as I crawl in bed - right now!!

Crazy mixed up day...
Cheers,
Colleen

No comments: