Thursday, February 26, 2009

An eventful day!



Yes, this was lunch today! And it was the beginning of a fun afternoon! A couple that I met last year when Kyle was in preschool were in need of a couple of hours of childcare this afternoon for their 2 girls. One of them is Kyle's age and goes to the same school this year though it's too bad they're not in the same class because they have fun together. Their younger daughter is almost the same age (I think born within a couple of weeks) as Nathan. Their Nanny dropped them off here after Kindergarten and I had lunch prepped and just had to turn on the sandwiches for grilled cheese when we got home!

OK, so not everyone ate all their lunch since I had the boys, Sophia and the 2 other girls - they were a little distracted! It was a really fun afternoon though and I didn't even try to lay Nathan down since he was so wound up. Sophia on the other hand had to have a nap since she woke up at 3:30am this morning and decided she wasn't going back to sleep! The funny thing is that she did sleep through all the chaos and noise this afternoon!

Kyle had so much fun that he asked if they were coming again tomorrow! He was quite sad when I told him they weren't! And I have to say that as much fun as it was for an afternoon, I know I couldn't do that full-time and have 5 or 6 kids here regularly. I'll stick to the 3 (4 when Tracy goes back to work) I have!

Oh and I wrote about the snow yesterday... Yes, we did get a blast of what's hopefully the end of the snow. I had class last night and went to work and the drive out wasn't horrible. However, by the time class was over the roads had a nice layer of ice under the snow and they were treacherous. I decided I'd better listen to the traffic station here and they said they couldn't keep up with all the accidents. Needless to say, it was a long, slow drive home at about 30km the whole way. I breathed a huge sigh of relief when I pulled in the driveway!

It was sure cold this morning, but I think I lot of what we got here ended up melting at least on the roads. I'd be happy if that were the end of it!

Better go get some sleep since I have a late night again tomorrow night at work!
Cheers,

1 comment:

Katz said...

I can't handle that many kids even for a few minutes. Don't know how DD handles 7 every day. You gals must be super heroes. :)