Sunday, March 08, 2009

Is it really March?

Yes, this really was what I drove home from work in today! Here it is March and we moved the clocks forward last night, but Mother Nature doesn't really care what the calendar says. I didn't have any problem getting home, but because it snowed quite a lot in a short period of time, the bridge closest to us was apparently brutal. So bad that they actually closed it for about an hour to get it cleared, sanded and salted. Thankfully, I didn't need to go over it to get home!

So yes, we moved the clocks ahead last night and I missed my hour of sleep and yet here I am up late tonight when I should be sleeping. I sometimes just enjoy my bit of time to myself in the evenings after everyone else has gone to bed. It's not like I've just been sitting around either since I picked up the living room and did some other chores. More to be done tomorrow though too!

Kyle is having school pictures done tomorrow, so I just have to remember in the morning when we're picking out his clothes. They're calling for possibly more snow again tomorrow, so I guess we'll be putting the boots and mitts on again!

Well, better call it a night I guess. It wasn't particularly an exciting day what with being up early with the boys and work and some chores and stuff tonight, but it just seems to be one of those days that I'll go to bed happy and grateful that I have so many things to be thankful for in my life...

Cheers,

2 comments:

Sarah Coggins said...

Oh, my! I should have pulled up your photo to look at this morning when I was so hot. :) Hoping spring finds you soon! And, how wonderful you went to bed so happy & thankful. That sounds like the end to a good day!

Heather Lough said...

Wow, you did get quite a bit of snow. It snowed here but nothing stuck. I'm so done with all this.