Thursday, March 19, 2009

Use It! Challenge Card

OK, so an online friend, Rae Barthel, has recently started a challenge blog called Use It! Challenges. I didn't end up playing the first week, but when I saw her card this morning and she said that today was the last day, I knew I wanted to try something for this challenge today!

The challenge for this week was from last week's winner - Danni. The challenge was to use spring colours, 4 flowers and a tag of some kind. OK, so first of all, these are so not my colours, so I had to go through my stash a bit looking for paper from last Easter when I did some cards with this gorgeous Imaginesce line and then the rest was bits that were honestly just on my table! The labels were done with the Noteworthy MM Slice card and the tag on this is actually the butterfly hence the slightly bigger hole on the top of the wing on the one side. I know you can't see it in the picture, but I outlined the butterfly and the holes on the wings with my Spica pen too for a little added bling!

This is a little different than the kinds of cards I usually do, but I love the result! Thanks for the challenge ladies!

Cheers,

12 comments:

Lori said...

Your butterfly is darling! Pretty card.

Amy W. said...

Colleen, this card is FABULOUS!!! i might have to visit Rae's site. :)

Regan said...

what a gorgeus card!!!!

danni reid. said...

be still my ♥! sigh, love!

Deanna said...

Wow... love it! You rocked this challenge!

Rosanne said...

Very pretty card!

GinniG said...

Your card is very pretty!!!

Jscraps4u said...

Oh Colleen!!! Are you sure these aren't your colors?!?!? This card is absolutely beautiful! Way to rock the challenge!

Unknown said...

Colleen!!! I just LOVE, love, LOVE this card!!! So springy, so fabulous, amazing work!!!! Thank you SO much for playing along with the Use It! challenge this week my friend :)
rae

Tonya said...

Great job on the challenge! Very pretty card!

Unknown said...

This is SO beautiful! I love, love, love that butterfly!

Shana Dilldine said...

love the dew drops on your butterfly!