Thursday, November 18, 2010

A long day...

with a sick boy AGAIN!  Yes, I did take Nathan to the dr. on Monday for a follow-up and we were told things were getting much better.  The day after that, Tuesday, Nathan told me his ear hurt, but I figured it would just clear on its own, so I gave him some Tylenol and mentally moved on.  He said something that night and again in the morning on Wednesday, but I was sure it wasn't possible that he could really be sick again!

Oh yes he could!  Last night was awful!  He was up the better part of the night and was crying and in pain.  We gave him some Tylenol again and he slept with me in my bed and George slept in Nathan's to get some sleep for work.  What that meant was that since Nathan didn't get much sleep, neither did I!  Poor little munchkin - hate it when they're sick like that and there's really nothing you can do.

Off to the dr it was again this morning at the crack of dawn!  Went in and said hi "again"!  He said that not only did Nathan have one ear infected, but that both were!  Because I'd already left it a couple of days and it wasn't clearing on its own and he was clearly very sick, it meant putting him back on anitbiotics (after him being on them not quite a month ago for the bronchitis).  Not my fav thing to do (or the doctor's thankfully), but there comes a point when you don't have a choice.  He'll be on it for 10 days (once a day) and then the dr asked me to bring him in again to check him out and make sure everything is all good and that he's in the clear since he's been so darn sick this past month or so!

I was also lucky enough to have some amazing help today as well.  Allison picked up Kyle and brought him home as well as doing the same for Sophia for preschool.  Maria also went and got Nathan's prescription filled for me this morning since he was so bad that I couldn't even take him out - simply miserable.  Thanks ladies!


I did get a few minutes while Nathan napped this afternoon as well as Matthew and while Sophia was at preschool to try one of the challenges on Pat's new scrapping site called "The Moments".  It was this fun little bag/box thing for a gift and I really enjoyed the few creative minutes I got to play!  Fun and quick once you know what you're doing!  Another stash project too, so even better! 

Well, it's time for bed for me after the long night last night and not knowing what tonight will bring!  Here's to your good health...
Cheers,


PS  I'm ignoring the bit of snow that didn't stick this afternoon as well as the supposed forecast for what could be more overnight!

No comments: