Friday, December 26, 2008

MORE Snow!

I know I sound like a broken record, but that's how I feel too! Yes, we got even more snow again today!

I got up with Kyle when he got up since George had been up more than I had with Nathan last night. Did our usual morning thing and then I needed to start getting ready for work.

I was scheduled to work today from 9:45-4:30, so off I went about 8:45 this morning. As I was leaving, I saw the snow starting. I wasn't too worried because the roads were essentially clear and they were calling for some snow yesterday too, but we only ended up with a little on and off all day. I made the silly assumption that today would be the same. Well, by the time I got to work, it was really coming down and after being there a couple of hours, George called and suggested heading home. They asked to stay until breaks were done, so that was an hour and a half and I headed home a little before 2pm.

The roads near the store were quite good, but as soon as I went up the hill a little, it got worse. It took me about an hour for a 25 minute trip, but I made it home safe and sound. It has basically been snowing since this morning! I thought I saw a little rain mixed in for a bit, but at almost 11pm, we're back to snow. This is just nuts!

Anyway, after I got home, I puttered with dishes, laundry and general picking up after the Christmas craziness! Nathan had a good nap and seems to be back to his old self including the whining of an almost 3 year old who wants what he wants NOW! I'm glad he's feeling better and have to chalk it up to all the excitement and snacking yesterday.

We were invited to a get together at George's parents, but with Nathan having been sick and the weather, we decided we weren't going. George and Kyle went out to shovel snow after dinner instead! hee hee The snowman above was done after all the shoveling was done and though the light was bad, I thought I'd better take a picture in case it rained tonight and wasn't there in the morning. The way things are going, it may just be covered in snow again!

Well, I'm hoping to get out to do some shopping tomorrow! I got an IOU for money for Christmas and it's going toward a new camera!! I know what I want and I just hope we get a chance to get out there tomorrow, especially since I work again Sunday!

Better be off to bed here! Have a fabulous weekend!
Night!
Cheers,

3 comments:

milkcan said...

The snow is out of control, isn't it? Well, at least it made for a white Christmas!

Nikki Love said...

We haven't had the tiniest drop yet. Enjoy your blessings ;)

Darlene said...

wow, you guys are really getting it! It's still in the 80s here....hate me yet?! LOL :)