Sunday, December 21, 2008

Welcome to Winter!

Yes, this was the first day of winter though it's looked like winter for longer than that here. Mother Nature had us greeting winter with more than 24 hours of snow that still hasn't stopped! I worked last night and as I was coming home, it started and hasn't stopped since other than maybe an hour this morning when it was at least lighter.

George went out to shovel some this evening and the boys went out with him to play. They had fun out there! There is now a "snow mountain", as Kyle calls it, in our front yard where George was piling the snow from the driveway. The funny thing is that now, you'd never really know he did it.

I was scheduled to work at the scrapbooking store today and thought I'd venture out and try and get to work for at least a while today. The further I got from home, the worse it got and it was coming down hard then and I decided that there just wasn't any way I was going to make the 30ish minute drive. Thankfully, 2 of the other girls managed to make it in and it sounds like they were OK without me though I sure feel badly doing that. The worst part is that there's more snow to come and I work again Tuesday night as well, so we'll have to see.

Mum and dad are also in for a shock when they get home from their trip to Australia on Tuesday morning! They've been bathing in the summer sun down under, so I sent them some pictures the other day to show them what they're in for! I hope they don't have any delays...

Well, George has one more day off before he needs to try and venture out in this mess to go to work, so we'll enjoy it tomorrow! Better go get some sleep!

Cheers,

No comments: