Well, We had a nice, quiet evening at home with the kids, but before I get into that, I want to take a little look back at all the things we had to be thankful for in 2008...
- Nathan turned 2 in January
- the scrapbooking store I work in moved at the end of March and the staff all helped move
- Mum, Tracy and I took the kids to see The Wiggles
- preschool helped make my birthday special because the Mother's Day tea was on the same day!
- Kyle "graduated" from preschool
- we got great news from Children's Hospital that Nathan's kidney condition seemed to be correcting itself and that as long as he was healthy, we didn't need to come back!!
- George and I took a trip to Victoria by ourselves!
- Matthew (my nephew) was born in July
- Kyle had adenoid and tonsil surgery which made for a very loooooong August!
- Nathan has his first trip to the barber shop with Daddy and Kyle
- George has been working on preparing a class to teach at work
- Kyle started Kindergarten
- I started teaching at the store I work in
- I also started took a spot on the Parent Advisory Committee (PAC) at the school
- Kyle had his first Christmas concert at school
- Nathan finally got rid of his binkie!!
- I took care of Sophia, my niece, a few days a week all year
- Nathan is being potty trained which right now consists of wearing Pull-Ups and sitting on the potty; Yes, that's it for now!
- we had Christmas dinner here for the first time with just the 4 of us since the weather was bad
- we didn't make it to Boxing Day at George's parents for the same reason - weather!
- my Christmas present from George was a beautiful new Canon camera!
- the 4 of us spent a fun evening at home for New Year's!
I'm sure there are things I've missed here and there and all those wonderful little moments that make up every day are impossible to recount, but it was a fun year all in all.
As for last night, we had a nice dinner and then I made some Spinach dip for a snack and Kyle and I had made a chocolate cake in the afternoon as well. The boys has fun decorating it too. They watched Shrek 2 and we let them stay up until 9, so that we could watch the east coast New Year's and have a little celebration.
After putting them in bed, George and I had the discussion about whether or not we were going to stay up! I ended up scrapbooking and George played video games until about 11:30 when we turned on the local celebrations. We did our little cheers and then were in bed by about 12:15!! We made it though!
We woke up to more snow this morning though I think it's warmed up and might be melting a little. Don't think it's all going anywhere though since we still have a lot of it! Other than that, it's just a pretty relaxing day around here!
Have a fabulously happy and healthy '09!!