Saturday, January 03, 2009

Snowy Saturday

Well, I'll start with something scrap related with the New Year's card I sent out to some people since if you had one coming to you, it should have gotten there by now I hope! (Sorry for the bad picture, but it was taken with my old camera in bad lighting!) I did some of these with the silver background dry embossed with a Cuttlebug folder, but decided it was too much and that simpler was better in this case.

Supplies: Cardstock is Bazzill. Misc silver paper. Patterned paper is Stemma. Stamp is Amuse. Ink is Palette Noir Black. Misc ribbon.

January 3rd {Project 365} Photo of the Day

This is how I start every morning - fresh Starbucks coffee beans and the wonderful aroma that they create. I went to get more beans the other day and they had the Christmas Blend on sale, so I figured, why not?! Love that first cup of hot java in the morning

It hasn't been the most exciting of days and my plans were sort of shot since George got called into work this morning about 9:30 and is still there. The overtime is great, but now I don't know when I'm going to get some boots and I really do need some for getting Kyle to school this coming week since we still have a ton of snow and we walk to school. And, of course, the reason George went to work again today is that it's snowing again and has been since about midnight last night and hasn't stopped!!

I was thinking that we were going to all go to the mall today and I'd get boots and the kids could go to the toy store. Their great aunt and uncle were very generous and got them gift certificates to Toys R Us and then Kyle also has one for Build a Bear. Thought we could do all this and maybe have a little lunch in the mall, but those plans went to pot when George got called to work. We can't go tomorrow either because as long as I can get there, I'm going to work myself!

So, it was a quiet day at home with the kids. They were both up crazy early, so they napped though Kyle's was only about an hour, so he'll be going to bed early after getting up at about 4am with what he said was a bad dream. I watched Mamma Mia this afternoon and quite enjoyed it, but what's not to like in a movie with Pierce Brosnan, Colin Firth, Meryl Streep and such great music?!

The boys went out for a bit and I had to, of course, get out my camera and try out the video on it! I'm playing with getting it upload to post here, so it'll have to wait for now!

Have a fabulous evening and enjoy your Sunday!
Cheers,

No comments: